One Night in Syria
Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 6:45 PM
For one evening only, Cafe Sunflower will serve a special five-course, vegan Syrian-style dinner in partnership with Leon International Foods.
Proceeds from the dinner will go to the United Nations World Food Program supporting Syrian refugees.
For reservations, call us at (404) 352-8859.
- Vegan Syrian-Style Five Course Menu paired with two glasses of wine, $80 per person:
- COURSE ONE
- » Small Eggplant stuffed with Walnuts, Garlic, Salt, Olive Oil, Red Pepper
- » Rolled Grapeleaves with Rice, Pomegranate Molasses, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Diced Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Dry Mint, Garlic, Salt
- » Hummus (Chick Peas, Tahini, Lemon Juice, Garlic) with Cumin, Paprika, Aleppo Pepper, Olive Oil
- COURSE TWO
- » Green Fava Bean Salad with Fresh Cilantro, Onion, Garlic, Olive Oil
- » Tender Okra with a sauce of Tomato, Garlic, Fresh Cilantro, Lemon Juice
- COURSE THREE
- » Syrian Lentil Soup with Red Lentils, Onion, Rice, Olive Oil, Cumin, Lemon Juice
- COURSE FOUR
- » Vegetable Kabob
- » Basmati Rice with Sauteed Noodles
- FINAL COURSE
- » Rose Petal Baklava with Delicate Layers of Phyllo enclose a generous Almond Nut Filling sprinkled with Ground Pistachio and Drizzled with a Lovely Sugar Syrup that includes Rose Water and Orange
- » Blossom Water